Friday, August 01, 2008

My Recent Layouts and Pages

I've spent so much time lately planning out my beachy layouts for our trip last weekend to Penticton that I just haven't had time to sit down and put them together with the actual photos! I've also spent too much time making and not enough time using my creations or new freebies that I've downloaded from others, so I've got some fun layouts to share this post so that you can see what I've been doing besides taking photos and practicing my design skills.

This page (up, right) and layout I designed using a freebie kit I made not too long ago called "My First Tattoo." In honour of my first tattoo, of course! My husband and I got small matching tattoos and with it being my first, of course I had to scrap about it. At the time I couldn't find any kits out there that seemed to be "tattoo-ish" enough so I just made up my own. You can snag that freebie kit HERE in case you missed it.

And of course, the big family road trip last weekend to British Columbia had to be scrapped about! The highlight of the trip was that it was our first family road trip with our new puppy, Winston the mini schnauzer, who is 6 months old. Not only was it his first big road trip, it was also his first time at the beach and his first swim. Our 5 year old border collie, Oliver (Winston's big brother) has been to Penticton several times and has swam in the lake on the beaches there before, but this was a first for Winston, so Oliver showed him the ropes and we took them to an off leash doggie designated section of Okanagan Lake to experience it all leash free. So in a way it was also Oliver's first time getting to swim freely, too. I took more pictures that day than I did any of the other days combined! This first layout here (up, left) uses an overlay template for the photo with wording and elements that I created last week in honour of the upcoming trip in a mini kit that I named (surprise!) "A Day at the Beach." You can snag that freebie mini kit HERE in case you missed it. The second (below, left) is a layout of my design using elements and papers from "On va à la plage" by Créé par Latham

These are just a few of the pages I've put together recently -- and of course one page isn't nearly enough to cover all of the excitement of our trip... so for the full album of our trip check out my digital scrapbook! (The trip and most recent family stuff is in the Family Life album). I sometimes just do a page or two at a time and upload it to the appropriate album there, so it's always changing. Like just recently our little Winston got his first ever haircut... another one of those "of course I had to scrap about it" situations. (You know what I'm talking about!) The traditional schnauzer cut on him is so adorable and I feel like he's all grown up now with his pronounced old man beard. Be sure to check it out in the Oliver and Winston album!

Wow, I've been a busy crafty blogger this week. I think I've blogged nearly every day so far! I imagine things will slow down a little now, but stay tuned... I have some ideas for some new creative freebies rolling around in my head that I just may get a chance to bring to digital life soon for you :) Take care and have a fabulous long weekend!

No comments: